Garlic Fried Chicken Wings is simple, quick, and easy to make. I remember when I was a kid I used to ask my mom to fix this all the time. It has a short ingredients list, but it’s very satisfying.
You could serve this as a companion dish for stir-fried vegetables or you can eat it by itself and also don’t forget about those who like to drink. This could make a very good Pulutan (finger food).
- 4 Lbs of Chicken wings, your choice of cut
- 10 Cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 Tbs. Salt
- ½ Tbs. MSG (optional)
- ½ Tbs. Ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Rinse chicken wings with cold water very thoroughly, drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, and msg and mix it well.
- Cover and set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan add enough oil (about ½ in deep) and fry chicken wings in batches until both sides are golden brown, usually about 9 minutes on each side.
- I like mine very crispy so I cook mine a little bit longer, until they are almost dark brown.
- Serve with stir-fried vegetables or by it self. Enjoy!
Try my Filipino Fried Wings v.2!